Saturday 6 August 2011

Week 5 (Multimedia in Education)

Finally, we meet again! Task for week 5 required us to produce a brochure using microsoft publisher and a bookfold using microsoft word. Creating a brochure using microsoft publisher didn't cause a problem for me as i've used to do it during my schooldays, as a school bulletin's member. =)

However, there's new things that i've learned from this week's assignment. If before this i just know how to design a simple brochure using the ready-made template and design from the microsoft publisher, now i know how to design and edit shapes/objects using all the editing software provided from the link by Dr. Fatimah. Who knows that you can design and create objects beautifully just by using the simple microsoft paint! Me myself found that the tips and tutorial provided in creating an object or in my case, drawing an animal is really useful! If you've seen my horrible drawing using Microsoft Paint before this, you would've understand what i'm trying to say. =P

On the other hand, I've never heard of the Photoshop look alike with layers: GMP software thus it took me quite some time for me to fully understand how to use it. All those layers stuff are quite confusing for me. Same goes with the open office vector based drawing. These two software are quite new to me as i've only know the existence of these softwares thru this Computer in Education Course. Nevertheless, i'm trying my best to mastered it.  Collaborative drawing using Google doc is indeed fun and interesting! You can collaborate with others in producing image. In my case, me and my partner (Salma) had tried to use it and we've managed to draw a logo for our organization. I'm looking forward to use this google draw application for my future assignment (if there's any).hehe...

If i would be given choices in doing this 2D graphic editing, i would say that i rather choose Microsoft Paint, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and not to forget, Google draw as i'm already familiar with them and they're easy and simple to use. I think that's all for this week. I've already uploaded our brochure and bookfold in my yahoo groups so feel free to see it and evaluate it yourself as i'm pretty sure it going to give you a good impression of how nice it is. Enough with the self appraising statement. Have a nice day!

No comments: